Study For A Child Development Associates - If you want to become an educator, you will need at the very least a Child Development Associates degree. By getting a Child Development Associate degree you gain the knowledge that's required to work in a school. If you do not have an Associate degree Early Childhood Education centers will be less likely to choose you for the position. Look online for schools that offer Associates in Child Development.